25 Sep

Canadian Tour

hi folks

long time no blog. i”ve had more to say in my photo’s than i have on paper, hence my absence.

our canadian tour kicks off on Oct 1st in victoria. i will be hoping to do street photography photo essays of each town we are in. they will appear on the brad roberts facebook page. “friend” me and watch it go by.

i can hardly wait to see the homeland again. hope to see some of you canadians soon.

brad

Filed under: Uncategorized

10 Responses to “Canadian Tour”

1. By Roy Everitt on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Hi there Brad

I cannot find you on facebook please post link

Thanks

Roy

2. By Rev on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Brad!!

Wow! The new album is unreal. Your music has been making me happy for the better part of 20 years, and when I listen to “You Said You’d Meet Me”, it takes me back to the early 90’s with your creative writing, and unmatchable vocal range. Ellen sounds fantastic as always on the new album, you two really are the perfect contrast together.

I will be at the Toronto show, and hope to get a chance to meet you, and introduce myself to you, because I can’t thank you enough for transporting me to a magical happy place many, many times over the past number of years. Thanks for the new release, it’s a pleasure to be stuck in traffic during rush hour again!!

3. By brad on Sep 27, 2010 | Reply

We’re here! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2736315572

We’re going to start a Facebook “Page”, as it makes more sense than this Facebook “Group”, so please watch for that.

4. By Ilion on Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

Was at the concert tonight. It was a great show! So glad I went to see you guys!

5. By Tom on Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

Hey, I so much looked forward to the tour’s opening show in Victoria last night, but… I was so much disappointed with that show. What the hell was that? Great guitar, I must say. But that was it. No keyboard? Limited vocals, short and disappointing. Sure it’s great to see the ‘legendary’ Brad, and his vocal range is still there. The show quality was low, maybe 3/10. If this is what the rest of the tour is going to be like, I recommend to take a miss.

6. By brad on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Hey Tom,

Sorry you didn’t like it. The band has been touring as an acoustic trio all year, and the response has been terrific. We realize that not everyone is going to have the same reaction, but we’re pretty proud of the shows and lots of people seem to agree

-Steve, the manager

7. By Rev on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Atta boy Steve!! Whatever happened to “if you have nothing nice to say keep your big mouth shut?”

Guess some people need brushing up on lifes little lessons….

8. By Lynne on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Seems to be the trend lately – bands trimming down to the bare essentials, but it’s not all bad. I saw Aimee Mann last week and she had just two accompanists vs the whole band she brought with her here a few years ago. Same with Over the Rhine. The up side to this is that you get a more intimate experience with the band.

I guess it is just too expensive to travel with the whole crew when you don’t have the big record labels behind you anymore. And of course the economy stinks, and nobody buys records anymore. So buy those cd’s and tshirts at the shows, as that’s one way the bands can fund their tours.

9. By Scott Langdon on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I saw the show in Calgary and loved it. Have to admit Brad’s vocal solo during “God Shuffed …” kinda threw me for a loop, never thought he had it in him. Crowd was kinda slow warming up, but Brad’s wit and little quips about life in the Music industry were hilarious. The guitar was excellent and I think anything extra would have taken away from The Pulverizor’s AWESOMESAUCE.

It was a little odd going from oddball-Brad songs (A Worm’s Life, Afternoons & Coffeespoons) to slightly disillusioned-Brad (Give Yourself A Hand), then finally to optimistic-Brad (Oooh La La). Sometimes I think my iPod is having some sort of mental breakdown when listening to my CTD playlists now.

Had a time and would recommend the show to everyone.

10. By brad on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply