08 Jan

Happy New Year 2010

howdy folks,

I don’t know about you but I’m glad that the new year is here and we can get on with our lives after the so-called “holidays”.  Actually, my Xmas day was great, spent at home with my wife and a friend. No relatives, no gifts, just a good home cooked dinner. I’m also lucky to have fantastic in-laws, so when we do visit them in Michigan, it’s not a problem. They have an old 3 story house in downtown Detroit – and yes, it is crime-ridden – but the house is gorgeous and Michele and I get an entire floor – the 3rd – to ourselves, complete with bathroom! I crawled into that womb on Jan 27th, and came out profoundly rested.

I wish I could say I knew when this next record is coming out, but we’re having some problems assembling a team to do it. Press, Radio, Marketing, Distribution, Digital Downloads – all these things have to happen in tandem. The only thing that I can promise you is that the cover art is the best yet by a long shot. Juni Moon is working on it now, and it’s a great collaboration. I highly recommend her.

My birthday is on Sunday January 10th, and I’m teaching a class in chanting mantra that day. If you live in or around Manhattan, it is being held from 12:45-3:45 at Virayoga, 580 Broadway, between Prince and Houston in Soho.

Hope to have a release date to announce sooner than later!

Happy Happy Everyone

Bard

Filed under: Uncategorized

23 Responses to “Happy New Year 2010”

1. By Jerry Brace on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

Happy New Year Brad. I’m testing the comments.

2. By Faith on Jan 9, 2010 | Reply

Hey Brad,

I’m a HUGE fan — so happy to hear that you’re working on another album. So many of my favorite bands don’t exist anymore, or are on indefinite hiatus. Here’s to seeing lots of exciting things from the Dummies in 2010.

3. By Diego Putrid on Jan 9, 2010 | Reply

Hi Brad

I’m glad to have had a New Year’s quiet and friendly, I spent Christmas with my family and girlfriend after so many years, was very fun.
    The problems, if solved, I know the branch, so I’d rather just enjoy the work of others, for many years that do not play in more bands or music projects ….

Sunday is your birthday, I leave here my congratulations to you and your wife, I hope one day to hug you in person.

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Brad!

Diego

4. By j.weust on Jan 9, 2010 | Reply

Happy new year Brad and Happy Birthday! I listened to the Crash Test Dummies since your first album the ghosts that haunt me. I think you guy are great. I was working in a record store at the time it came out and ended up working there for 12 years, and bought every one of the dummies albums since and enjoyed them all. Keep up the superb work you guys do.

5. By j.weust on Jan 9, 2010 | Reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRAD AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have listened to the CRASH TEST DUMMIES since the”GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME”.
    I also started to work in a record store the year that album came out and ended up working there 12 years!. So I enjoyed every dummies album since. Keep up the superb work.

6. By GeorgeHarry on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

I continued listening after God Shuffled…and especially loved the unseemly Give Yourself A Hand. You played the American Music Hall in San Francisco soon after it came out. I remember how you apologized before playing any song off “the new album”. It made me feel a little like a schmuck for liking it (but, hey, no hard feelings). Anyway, have not heard or thought about CTD for a long time…yet was moved this evening, inexplicably, to find out what ever happened to Brad Roberts.

7. By Lisa N. on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Happy Birthday Brad! I hear you about the “holidays”, I’m glad that’s all behind us now. Hope the new year brings you happiness and success!

8. By Anth on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

How about using Amazon.com’s CreateSpace to press some physical copies of the album? I’m not interested in downloads and I know I’m not the only one. Especially since you say the cover art’s so good.

9. By ken Essig on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Brad,
    Are you familiar with “Velvet Sessions”?..(see Velvetsessions.com).It is a monthly concert put on by Universal studios (Orlando)in which a band from the 80’s -90’s plays for a typically sold out crowd of 200-400 people. It’s done really well, and has been extremely well attended. The Bangles were in October, …I would love to see the Dummies (some or all)get together and do this….What can we do to make this happen????

10. By John559 on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Very nice site! is it yours too

11. By John559 on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Very nice site! [url=http://oixypea.com/oxoxvqr/2.html]is it yours too[/url]

12. By Cindy Beebe on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

I finally decided to get on the www and see what your band was up to. I have only bought and heard one of your albums, “God Shuffled His Feet”. I purchased it many years ago. My favorite memory of listening to it was coming home from Vernal, Utah. Fourth grade is the year that students do a county report and my son picked Uinta County. We did a road trip to explore. On the way home we cranked up the CD and imagine my surprise when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the colored lights of a police car. I got carrried away and….well…it cost me a speeding ticket. It was worth it.
    Still enjoying your music. A side note…I spent my early years in Michigan and there is really nothing like the people from the Midwest.
    Happy New Year to you and your wife.

13. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

that’s in the cards, friend b

14. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

hey thanks for the props on gyah. i think it’s one of my best records. but i think it alienated alot of fans. brad

15. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

i’m always happy to hear that my less popular records have some fans. thanks!

16. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

cindy that is such a sweet note. it’s funny for me to think of you knowing my music in 4th grad. i am sooooo old! 46. that’s closer to 50 than 40.

17. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

ken

the only way i can book ctd’s is through my agent, steve martin, at the agency group in new york. we have a contract. he’s a good guy. try him.

best luck

brad

18. By brad on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

it will be on amazon for physical copies, for sure.

19. By Anth on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Sweet, thank you!

20. By neil(former...) on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Hello Brad,

yes, its your old friend Neil(Bill’s around too). I haven’t seen ya since my last NY visit. Hope you find the resources or assistance to finish your new material and get it out for your fans to enjoy. You still have a lot of talent in that old beat up body of yours buddy. It would be great to hear some new stuff from you. I’m not sure if you still have my cell #, I do have a friend in the music industry (recording/marketing side), and guess what, they’re a fan, no B.S. Good luck Brad.

Neil

21. By brad on Feb 22, 2010 | Reply

you are much too kind. hope you like the new record when it comes out in may. it’s called “ooh la la” best, brad

22. By brad on Feb 22, 2010 | Reply

the only way to make it happen is call my agent steve martin at the agency group in new york. i have a contract, and can’t work outside him.

make it affordable, and we’d likely do it.

23. By Samuel on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

Hi,

listening to “Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm” at the moment and I just have to say it gives me chills.
    My girlfriend introduced me to you guys a couple of mounths ago and now I’m stuck! Though I’m a bit “late-ish” with liking your music and maybe you think that “Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm” is so “yesterday” because you’ve played it a zillion times before; I believe I have the right to like it anyway!

By the way, I like your way of looking at life-it seems healthy for yourself and the people around you. Keep it going!

Sorry for my english, it’s not my mother-language :)

Best regards,