04 Mar

things are movin’ along

howdy folks

even though i am a literature snob, i’m going to dispense with capital letters.

mid-may remains our target date for release of Ooh La La. i just got advance copies and they look and sound great. also, some dates in mid-may are getting closer to confirmation, here in new york city and some of the other major north eastern cities.

i’m famous for hating touring – except the show, i always love that – but this time i’m looking forward to it. i’ll have my good friends stuart cameron and ellen reid, and wayne o’connor to do sound and tour manage. wayne has toured with us for many years, and he’s just about the best guy to have on your side i can think of.

the van drives will be the same old stuff – holding one’s pee, leg cramps, crappy truck stop food. but i also plan to bring some reading. i’ve had my father send me my books from college years, and i’m rereading a lot of stuff. it sure looks different 20 years later. and i’m finally reading biographies of the people whose work i studied. i just finished ts eliot and ezra pound. what a couple of awful lives they led. i’m looking forward to going back to people like milton. i already know a fair amount about samuel johnson through his acolyte boswell. so much out there to read.

i’m going to buy a video camera soon, that i might do “live” blogs from the road. they are making them pencil thin these days. if i can figure out the technology, i should be able to shoot vid’s off to the website.

i’m also thinking of getting skype or something so that i can do yoga classes in my hotel room with my teacher. it’s way easier to do when someone is kicking your ass. i can do yoga alone, but like anything, a trainer never hurts.

keep yankin’ yer own chains, folks….

best

brad

Filed under: Uncategorized

37 Responses to “things are movin’ along”

1. By Adam Sims. on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey Brad.

Any chance of swinging through Montreal for a stop? Big Fan from Winnipeg here (live on the same street as you once did back home) .. Cheers!

Adam.

2. By neil(former...) on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

seems like things are rolling along, good luck, later dude.

3. By arnnbmcf on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

k5W4fw yawaydioeyrn, [url=http://fxkbvexkvpru.com/]fxkbvexkvpru[/url], [link=http://rabktwtkyhvo.com/]rabktwtkyhvo[/link], http://xtnivmyheaxe.com/

4. By Tate on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

How About u toss us a little sample of the new sound… It’s been one hell of a long wait!!

5. By Norman M on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

If anybody hasn’t already said so: “Ooh La La” for an album title? Awesome, dude. I’m very excited about the new release. Especially because of what you said about working with the optigan. I wouldn’t consider myself a hardcore fan – not of any artist or anything really. I wonder why. Maybe I’m afraid to, you know, lose touch. But I bought your albums (yes, bought ‘em) since “The Ghosts That Haunt Me” and I’ve been to a Crash Test Dummies concert once. That was in Leipzig, Germany like a thousand years ago… Well, in other words: I really like what you do and I’m looking forward to hearing your new record.

Cheers, Norman

6. By Rhine on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brad,

Bit of a distance but do you think you may ever come out west, say Utah?
    Keep up the great work. I toast you with a nice glass of Crown Royal on the rocks.
    Cheers,

7. By David Zwicker on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brad,
    My brother in law Chris Goslow and I are big fans of CTD, and have dreamed of coming to see you perform live. We live the SFBay area. Can’t wait for the new album, and we are praying you will come do a show here. Chris is a musical artist also, and has been very inspired by your music. On holidays our family gets together and chris plays CTD songs on the piano and he and I sing them over and over as we have for years now. Please add me to your e-mail fan list. All the best to you and the band. Great eats here- (much better than the tour truckstop food,) well worth the trip. Hope to see you here this year! Best regards, good luck with the new album.
    David

8. By Frank Pascual on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey Brad, like I said before, I’m a new found CTD fan. Right now I’m listening to “My Own Sunrise”. I’m trying to figure out what the song means. What does it mean? Oh, one more time, please stop by CHICAGO.

Frank P.

9. By Fifi on Mar 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey!
    That video-blog-thing is a great idea! I’m looking forward to see it!
    Good luck to “Ooh lala”!
    Greetings
    Fifi

10. By wonkavision on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Glad to see the new album is still on target for May. Looking forward to it in a big way. I actually just found it on Amazon.com for pre-order. The cover art is fantastic.
    One song, You Said You’d Meet Me (in California), is listed, but isn’t this off Playlist: Best of? Is it the same track or did you re-record?
    Anyway….for those peeps wanting to pre-order: http://tinyurl.com/yf2srec

11. By Gabe on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Can’t wait to hear and see you guys. All the best!

12. By Alan Adams on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Hey there Brad.. Glad to hear things are movin along for you. i am anxious to hear what you got cooking. I am sitting here in Pittsburgh with the lovely snow leftovers. Hope you can make it through here. Some great venues for you here. The Byham Theater, Rex Theater in Southside. Great music scene there. Mr Smalls Theater. This place is an old church made into a concert venue “cool Place”. Last time you were here you played at Rosebud. That place has since closed… Bummer. I am sorry to make this message long. i just wanted to help you if needed. Good luck out there my friend and I can’t wait for the album to come out.

ME in Pittsburgh

Alan

13. By Joao Afonso Pires Pereira de Rezende on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Hi Brad, I am Brazilian, born and raised right here in Brazil, I’m 23 years old, and I am one f the Crash Test Dummies since I was born. You could come to Brazil at the shows. I love our musics, in my thinking that you are the best band there, I love the musics of the Crash. I do University of Agriculture, because my father has many farms here in the state of Goias, then when I go farm, I heard all day their musics. Today our musics so the more I heard, then whenever that have a friend or acquaintance of mine with me or around, always ask who is singing this music, and I always say I am pleased that these musics are you thst is singing, the band Crash. Nice to talk to you here, and if they want to maintain some contact with me, I will leave my e-mail joaoafonsopires@hotmail.com, and if you come to Brazil, you are welcome here, and my farm will be open door for you stay. thank you … ohh, my english is very worst, i don’t speak english very well….rsrsrsrsrsrs…..my name is Joao Pires Afonso Pereira de Rezende. 08/03/2010.

14. By Kathy on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Congratulations and great to have you back! My daughter, who first danced to Superman when she was 8 months old, is doing a Canadian Composer Assignment on you and the CTD. We have had a blast listening to all the songs I loved from ‘back in the day’. If you are in Regina, we will be there. Kathy

15. By BenWa on Mar 11, 2010 | Reply

See you in Northampton!!! Would love to hear god shuffled his feet among many others

16. By Jord on Mar 11, 2010 | Reply

Europe man, think big, don’t forget us European fans and groupies!!! :)

17. By Justin on Mar 15, 2010 | Reply

Frank, I believe “My Own Sunrise” has to do with morning erections. Thats what i have read anyways. Definately up there in my top 3 CTD tunes, and the best tune from “A Worms life”. Maybe brad can confirm the songs meaning to us?

18. By Jason on Mar 17, 2010 | Reply

If I had listened to the masses, I would have given up on you, and The Dummies a long time ago. You seem very intelligent, and must still have a lightning bolt inside you to have not given up yet.

19. By Dan on Mar 21, 2010 | Reply

no squawk in over two weeks. Did the landlord finally throw you out. New York can be a cold place at times. Good luck on your tour. I’ll be looking for tour dates in Minnesota.

Dan
    Singapore

20. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

there is a very good chance. but not until fall, when we tour canada. i freakin’ LOVE cape breton. i have good friends
    in both englishtown and baddeck. we’ll be doing our best to get there.

21. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

sally – we are just firming up some gigs now on the good old west coast. we’ll be going to san deigo, probably playing at the acoustic. i shouldn’t say these things before they’re firm. we’ll also be going to san fran, and i’m pretty sure of LA – xo bard

22. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

there’s a roomer going around the ctd’s unplugged will be playing
    June 8 – San Francisco, CA at Cafe Dunord. just a rumor.

23. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

well, jason, thanks for the huge freakin’ vote of confidence! as far as “giving up” goes, i’ll be around for
    a while yet, young man! lovin’ spoonfuls… bard

24. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

that’s too bad about the farts, i really do well with those. they seem to come easily…

25. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

i have indeed played in norway, and i’d love to again. oslo was the very first european city that i ever visited, back in 1991. i remember drinking some very expensive aquavit, and dining at a phenomenal restaurant over looking the city. we
    signed the guest book, which included the stones, john cleese and other greats. first time i ever tasted reindeer.

26. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

that’s perfectly true. i also tried for that in ‘swimming in your ocean’! brad

27. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

i think that today’s physics is remarkable insofar as it is turning out to be consonant with ancient hindu traditions, among others.
    physics uses math; and math, pushed to it’s extreme, becomes philosophy.

how’s that?

b

28. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

that’s what i like to hear!

29. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

justin and frank – the chorus is definitely about morning wood, but the sex in the verses
    is all over the map. brad

30. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

yes indeed, morning wood. the sex moves across the map geographically, but it’s always morning wood in the chorus.

31. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

thanks kathy, and i hope we make it to regina! haven’t played there since 1990… best, bard

32. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

we had a gig in brazil that got cancelled because ben darvill got drunk, climbed a tree, fell down, and broke his hand!
    brad

33. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

we’ve been to pittsburgh years ago, and one day we shall return!

34. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

i remember that show! and i’ve done a lot of them…

35. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

we’ll make it to toronto for sure! probably in the fall. thanks for your kind comment, man.
    best brad

36. By brad on Mar 23, 2010 | Reply

bit of a distance indeed! we played on a mountain there once a long time ago… brad

37. By brad on Jun 1, 2010 | Reply

coming to regina in october!