28 Apr

Album release May 11th

Hey friends family and fans –

How about this new web page, huh? Let’s give webmaster Jerry

Brace a hand for doing such a fine job. You’ll see some of the artwork

from the CD appear on this site, which was done by the beloved Juni Moon.

Thanks Juni!

I’m getting really excited about the new record. I’ve done lots of great press, and have plenty more coming up. For you Canucks, we’ll be playing on TV – Canada AM on May 6th.

Aside from the shows in the US that are posted on this site (“TOUR”), we may possibly do some shows in the South: check out Atalanta, perhaps Austin – but that’s all TBA at this point. We also plan to play in Canada come October. I’ll keep you

posted.

I’ve finished three literary biographies – Virginia Woolf, TS Eliot, Ezra Pound –

and am now starting a small one on James Joyce. It feels so great to be reading again.

My wife Michele has finished designing CTD t-shirts, panties, tank-tops, children’s t’shirts…the whole 9 yards. They are pretty sassy and pretty beautiful. I hope

we can sell ‘em, because, ironically, they are what fund the tour! So we made

sure we have good stuff.

All for now.

Lovebeads…

Bard

Filed under: Uncategorized

12 Responses to “Album release May 11th”

1. By Jerry Brace on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the plug Brad – glad to be involved. I’m looking forward to the Canada AM appearance – thanks for the info. I’m sure we’ll have that new merch added to the store soon.

2. By Eric on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

The new site is great! Thanks for all your hard work for us fans, Jerry!

I can’t wait to get my hands on the new album. I’ve been listening to it all night through the site. I think my favorite is a toss-up between Song Bird and The In-Between Place, but they’re all excellent. I have to admit, I wasn’t sure what to think when you described the new album as having a “cinematic feel” to it, but now I know. The music mixed with your vocals is absolutely brilliant. I can’t quite describe it, but it just feels… grander… than a normal album.

Absolutely fantastic.

I hope to see you in Northhampton, Mass. on May 14! It looks like I might be flying all the way out from Idaho to meet up with my buddy in CT to see you again.

I look forward to seein the tour merchandise too. I have a four-year old son and a baby girl on the way that both need some CTD swag.

This has been a good day, my friend. Again, incredible job on the album!

3. By John T. Heinen on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

I just preordered Ooh La La. A coworker introduced me to the Dummies in 1996 and I’ve been following them ever since.

Brad’s lyrics and musical sensibilities are enchanting and very engaging — a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant musical atmosphere. Thank you Brad for the diligence and all the hard work that goes into producing these fine masterpieces.

I saw your show at the Barrymore in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 and had a great time there. Hope to see you again soon.

4. By Tyson Acker on May 1, 2010 | Reply

It’s about freaking time! :-)

I’m pleasantly surprised that you are publishing a physical CD. MP3s are swell, but they just aren’t the same to me as holding the music and artwork in my hand. Must be my age. I’m halfway to old.

Happy touring!

5. By funkybluecheese on May 2, 2010 | Reply

Yay! Can’t wait for the new album! Love the new songs! Come to Germany, pleeeaaaazzze with a cherry on top!

All the best,
    f.

6. By Pascal on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Great news, I preordered the album at my local HMV. Love the new album, hopefully I’ll be able to hear some of it live.

7. By Pete on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Brad, I love you, dammit–and look forward to seeing you again in Cleveland on May 18th. I’m totally going to force you to sign my copies of Crash Test Dude and the video (VHS–will it ever be on DVD?)

8. By Justin on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Hey Brad,
    Congrats on the new album release. Your hard work has really paid off with this one. As always, you can be counted on to create something original, and different from everything else. I have always admired your work, and your courage to take your music in the direction that you wish. Its a rare thing to find in todays music industry.

BTW, Ellen’s piece in this was some of her best work as well, She is so amazingly talented.

Best of luck touring! Can’t wait for your toronto show.

Justin

9. By Daniel DeWitt on May 5, 2010 | Reply

You guy’s are awesome. I’m trying to learn guitar and I listen to your stuff alot for study. I Love Your music. I wish you guy’s still made music.

10. By Matt on May 6, 2010 | Reply

Man this record is just awesome, the new website is killer and you are coming to Milwaukee! I’m completely stoked that you are writing like crazy again and doing it the way you love to. I’ll bring my wallet for that merch – any posters?

Looking forward to Shank Hall!
    -Matt

11. By Matt on May 6, 2010 | Reply

Oops forgot, I wanted to request your version of Cocaine for Milwaukee too!!!

Thanks.
    Matt

12. By Tyson Acker on May 14, 2010 | Reply

Now that I have it in my hand, I must say the CD artwork is beautiful, and I love the tunes! More than worth the 14 US bucks!